Sunday, July 3, 2011

the man who loves to wear lipstick...!


The world needs two things most desperately from each one of us… Acceptance and tolerance!
In the world that has pre-defined roles, set notions and a strong sense of rights and wrong. The gender roles of what ought to be and such a little space/freedom of any variations deviations from that.
In between is the story of a man who loves to wear lipstick…!
“I am Manifest Divinity, Unmanifest Divinity, and Transcendent Divinity. I am Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, as well as Saraswati, Lakshmi and Parvati. I am the Sun and I am the Stars, and I am also the Moon. I am all animals and birds, and I am the outcaste as well, and the thief. I am the low person of dreadful deeds, and the great person of excellent deeds. I am Female, I am Male, and I am Neute”
Strictly speaking the whole postulate of gender based generalization is only an aspect, a tiny speck of the broader bigger picture. The thought is yin yang of merging identities, the feminine and masculine which merge to complete union. How relevant is “gender” in defining the roles of an individual who operates on so many other more complex and abstract identity. Yet, we define normal within the that outdated social construct! Its only rational to conclude that the composite structure of that generalized gender characteristics do NOT apply universally. The beauty lies in being able to express that deviation from the so called NORMAL..
Hidden between the lines is a story of a woman who loved kissing another woman…!
The idea is to express that sexuality or the variation from the normal freely and happily.. Behind the closet where they forced to hide the essence of their true identity.. The cost of operating within the normal defined structure of what the worlds defined!
Acceptance of all that we do not necessarily adhere to or understand. She is not like me, but she is! The identity/ existence of different sexual orientation is independent of anyone’s acceptance, yet the non acceptance is a blatant ignorance of what is..!
Lost between the lines is a man who pretended to love another woman, he tried to be “normal”!

No comments: